I came across a great article by Tom Pick titled 72 Fascinating Social Media Marketing Facts and Statistics for 2012. Below are some facts and statistics I found really interesting. For more information, check out the full article.
#5. LinkedIn generates more leads for B2B companies than Facebook, Twitter or blogs. Yet only 47% of B2B marketers say they are actively using LinkedIn verses 90% on Facebook. (Social Media B2B)
#15. B2C Facebook interaction is 30% higher than average on Sundays. (Mindjumpers)
17. 95% of Facebook wall posts are not answered by brands. (Mindjumpers)
23. There are now roughly 100 million active Twitter users (those who log in at least once per day). (Mindjumpers)
32. Google+ is expected to reach 400 million users by the end of 2012.
34. 83% of Pinterest users are women. In the U.S., the most popular categories are fashion, desserts, clothes and birthdays. (MediaPost)
38. Tumblr grew 900% in 2011 and now has 90 million users. However, just 2% of members account for more than 40% of all traffic. (Jeff Bullas)
51. Social networks and blogs account for 23% of all time spent online — twice as much as gaming. (Mindjumpers)