Since 2008, Social Media Examiner has published a report explaining how marketers use social media to grow and promote their businesses. The 2012 Social Media Marketing Industry Report was made public on April 3 and some interesting highlights are listed below. To download the complete report, click here.
- Over 3,800 marketers participated in the study.
- A significant 83% of marketers indicate that social media is important for their business.
- 40% of marketers indicated determining how to measure social media results and how to find customers or prospects were the top social media marketing questions they want answered.
- A significant 76% of marketers plan on increasing their use of YouTube and video marketing, making it the top area marketers will invest in for 2012.
- Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, blogs and YouTube were the top five social media tools used by marketers, in that order.
- Only 30% of businesses are outsourcing some portion of their social media marketing, only a slight increase from 28% in 2011.